- Yoga 101- LFTIO Yoga Studio Sydney Yoga can also enhance balance. It has been declared as an excellent method to combine meditation and exercise in order […]
- Top Life Coach Reviews Sydney The experience offers a great means to find enduring happiness, peace and the capacity to share the yogic lifestyle with other […]
- There are a wide range of benefits than come from using Emu oil. The oil is extracted from the fat content of the Emu bird and […]
- Moringa is a tree that grows in the tropics, and can survive in the harshest and inhospitable conditions, even at the edge of a desert, as […]
- The emu is an animal that has come from pre-historic times, and has existed for over 80 million years, and is considered as a living dinosaur. […]
Life can get a little crazy at times. The hectic pace and demands we face on a daily basis often leave us feeling stressed, overworked, tired and even unhappy. Meditation is a simple, effective and convenient way to calm your busy mind, relax your body, become grounded and find inner peace amidst the chaos of day-to-day life.
STEP 1: Be still and silent
Now that you are sitting tall and relaxed, take a moment to be still. Just sit. Be aware of your surroundings, your body, the sounds around you. Don’t react or attempt to change anything. Just be aware.
Turn your attention to your breath. Breathe silently, yet deeply. Engage your diaphragm and fill your lungs, but do not force your breath. Notice how your breath feels in your nose, throat, chest and belly as it flows in and out
STEP 3: Site Tall
The most common and accessible position for meditation is sitting. Sit on the floor, in a chair or on a stool. If you are seated on the floor it is often most comfortable to sit cross-legged on a cushion. Comfort is key.